How To Choose The Best Electric Knife Sharpener
A blunt knife is of no use in the kitchen. It can be quite risky to cut fruits and vegetables and peel potatoes using a dull knife, as it can slip off the object you are trying to cut and can cause injuries to your fingers or hands. A good electric knife sharpener can be used to sharpen the blunt knives and this can help you complete the cutting and chopping tasks in an efficient manner.
As electric knife sharpeners are motorized you don’t have to put much effort to operate and sharpen the blades. If you want to choose the best electric knife sharpener available in the market it is advisable to read reviews so that you are able to make an informed choice.
LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener
If you want to sharpen knives like a professional in the comfort of your home, you can choose the LINKYO Electric Knife Sharpener. Most users get confused with its four slots. They assume that it can sharpen both sides of the blade at the same time. You do need to remember that it sharpens only one side at a time.
Slots are provided for rough grit and smooth grit. This is useful for people who prefer to sharpen only one side of the blade. One of the important things that you need to know is that it cannot be used to sharpen serrated blades or scissors.
- It is a two-stage sharpener. One stage has a rough grit and the other a smooth grit and you can choose the type of sharpening you want depending on the bluntness of the knife.
- The suction cup feet will help hold it on top of any counter.
- The auto-stop function will turn the machine off automatically if the blade is too heavy or if you press downward with the blade. This safety feature will keep the machine from jamming and ruining the knives.
- The special catch basin makes cleaning easy as it can help catch any metal shred that comes off the knives.
Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener
The Presto 08800 EverSharp Electric Knife Sharpener can help sharpen even the bluntest knife within a few seconds. You can choose to use it not just at home but at hotels and restaurants too.
If you want an electric sharpener that is durable and gives you the perfect sharpening angle then Presto is a smart choice. You do need to remember that it is only suitable for knives that are made of stainless steel, carbon or alloy.
- It has a two-stage sharpening system that can be used to sharpen any non-serrated blade easily.
- The precision blade guides position the knife at the perfect sharpening angle for best results.
- The sapphire sharpening wheels can create a razor-sharp edge within seconds.
Chefs Choice (M314) Diamond Ultra Hone Electric Knife Sharpener
The Chefs Choice Diamond Ultra Hone Electric 2-Stage Knife Sharpener is a compact device that can be used to sharpen both serrated and straight edge knives within minutes. The stage two sharpening has gothic arch-shaped edges and these are longer and stronger lasting than the conventional V-shaped edges.
As the sharpener has ultra-fine diamond abrasives you need to clean the blades properly of all material before you use it to sharpen the knives. It is important that you remember to clean the blades free of oil, food, and dirt before inserting it into the sharpener. You will be able to sharpen all types of knives including kitchen, military, fishing, pocket, and sporting.
- It is a two-stage knife sharpener with diamond abrasives. This enables it to sharpen the blades in both stages.
- The patented highly precise knife guides automatically position and stabilizes the knife so that you are able to sharpen the blades within minutes.
- It is made using ABS plastic. The high-grade diamond and ceramic rods make it strong and durable.
- It is fitted with a rubber base and this provides maximum stability. The long handle prevents accidental cuts by keeping your hand away from the blade.
Kitchen IQ Electric Knife Sharpener
The Kitchen IQ Electric Knife Sharpener is the first electric sharpener that features the interlocking alumina ceramic wheels. This provides superior edge producing capabilities and ensuring that only minimal material is removed from the knife edge when sharpening.
When compared to synthetic or diamond abrasives, ceramics will be able to provide a smooth and sharp edge. This extends the life of the knife. You can also use the sharpener for light touch-ups of knives and scissors that are already sharp.
- The interlocking ceramic wheels can do precise sharpening of both sides of the blade at the same time. This helps save a lot of time and effort.
- It has manual finishing slots. One of the manual slots offer carbide blades and these can be used for setting the initial edge of the knife. This can help match the sharpening angle of the ceramic wheel. The other manual slot has triangular shaped ceramic stones. They have been specifically designed in the shape of a serrated knife. This ensures consistent sharpening.
- The rubber hand grip provides control and comfort whereas the non-slip rubber feet ensure safety.
- The clean out slot under the machine enables you to clean the shards easily after sharpening. It helps avoid messy shards all around the kitchen.
Secura Electric Knife SHARPENER
The Secura Electric Knife SHARPENER is a good option if you want to revive the blunt knives in your kitchen instantly. The two-stage electric knife sharpener has been designed to offer you perfection in sharpening the blades like a pro. The two-stage system offers quick and easy sharpening of the blades.
In the first stage, the electric sharpener realigns the blade and sharpens the edge. In the second stage, the knife is honed and polished so that it becomes sharp and efficient. It can be used to effectively sharpen non-serrated kitchen and sports knives. This knife sharpener is affordable and reliable and this makes it a good choice for your blades.
- The three sturdy and non-slip suction feet maintain stability throughout the sharpening process.
- The inbuilt receptors collect the metal filings and shards and this ensures easy cleaning.
Smith’s 50005 Edge Pro Compact Electric Knife Sharpener
The Smith’s 50005 Edge Pro Compact Electric Knife Sharpener has an innovative sharpening technology that combines both mechanical and manual sharpening elements. It is this unique combination that enables it to sharpen even dull blades and maintain its sharp edges. Not just dull blades but even damaged blades can be sharpened effectively.
The wheels that are used to sharpen the blades are made of bonded synthetics. The synthetics guarantee long wheel life, minimum heat build-up, and uniform cutting. This ensures that de-tempering of the blade doesn’t occur during the sharpening process.
- The blade guides hold the knife at correct sharpening angles. It works well on both hard and soft steel blades.
- It sharpens one side of the blade at a time. This ensures quick and precise sharpening.
- The non-slip rubber feet maintain stability at all times. The soft grip rubber handle makes it easy to grip.
- The ceramic rods are crossed and they create a fixed sharpening angle that can hone both sides of the blade at the same time. The ceramic rods are also ideal for giving a quick touch up to blades that are already sharp.
Mcgowan Firestone Electric Sharpener
The Mcgowan Firestone Electric Sharpener has a one-step sharpening process. This means that you don’t have to worry about the slot that you put the knife in to sharp its dull blades. Most of the electric knife sharpeners that are available in the market have two or three step sharpening process and this makes it completely unique.
The device is extremely easy to use. The manual that you get along with the product makes it easy to use it in an effective manner. All that you need to do is to hold the knife in one hand and slowly insert it in the slot for sharpening. Examine the knife to see if you are satisfied with the sharpening results.
- The ideal choice for dull and frequently used kitchen knives.
- The one-step sharpening process ensures even sharpening of both sides of the blades simultaneously.
- The sharpening wheels are made of ceramic. The ceramic wheels don’t cause any kind of damage to the edges during the sharpening process.
- It is compact, sturdy and portable. This makes it easy to hold and operate.
The best electric knife sharpeners come with sharpener guides and this makes it easier to sharpen the knives. As they are quite affordable you will be able to sharpen the blades at minimum cost.
Even though there are a wide variety of electric sharpeners available in the market, you need to choose wisely depending on your specific requirements and budget. When you choose the best electric knife sharpener, you will get value for money, as it will last for many years.
Cover Photo Credit: Paul Martin